comparing configurations

Okal Billy
Dear openrave users,

Does anyone know of a way to compare configuration vectors in openrave other than using the samplegoalfn for instance, ie

if I have a vector<dReal> vec1 and another vector<dReal> goalvec, is there a way to directly compare these two other than the usual _samplegoalfn trick?

I tried making one but I seem to have trouble with indices which I yet to find out why.

--
Best Regards,

Billy Okal

sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with

Re: comparing configurations

Hi Billy,

If you want to compare configuration space vectors, please use the
PlannerParameters::_distmetricfn

There is also a PlannerParameters::_diffstatefn for taking the
difference between two configuration vectors. The reason a function is
needed rather than doing regular subtraction is because circular
joints (ie hinge joints without any limits) have an identification at
0 and 2*pi. The _diffstatefn takes into account this function in order
to get interpolation correct.

In fact, the explicit definition of _distmetricfn and _diffstatefn
allow openrave to handle kinematics and warps in the configuration
space that other planning packages cannot ;0)

rosen,

2010/6/18 Billy Okal <[hidden email]>:

> Dear openrave users,
> Does anyone know of a way to compare configuration vectors in openrave other
> than using the samplegoalfn for instance, ie
> if I have a vector<dReal> vec1 and another vector<dReal> goalvec, is there a
> way to directly compare these two other than the usual _samplegoalfn trick?
> I tried making one but I seem to have trouble with indices which I yet to
> find out why.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Billy Okal
>
> sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with

Re: comparing configurations

Okal Billy
Great, thanks Rosen, this is def good news for me