grabbing object with dual arm

Goutham Mallapragada
Hi,

While using OpenRave i encountered the following problem. Using a dual arm robot, I grabbed an object using one arm and tried
to pull the object towards the robot body using BaseManipulation.MoveHandStraight function assuming it will stop as soon as
the objects hits the other arm. The result is shown in the link below.

http://i42.tinypic.com/8z4bau.jpg

I know that in r1328 this specific problem seems to have been addressed. Why is this happening even though when
I grabbed the object the other arm is not in contact with the object? Robot.CheckSelfCollision() returns false for the configuration
displayed in the picture. So, I think for some reason the links of the other arm are being put in the vCollidingLinks list ( I cannot be sure of this).

Goutham

Re: grabbing object with dual arm

hi goutham,
thanks for spotting this critical problem! it is fixed in r1395
rosen,