installing openraveros

clemens
Hello,
I'm having problems installing the ros packages of openrave. I
followed exactly the instructions on
http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installation
But satisfying the dependencies fails (e.g. for orrosplanning):

[rosstack] couldn't find dependency [motion_planning_common] of
[openrave_planning]
[rosstack] missing dependency
Failed to find stack for package [mapping_msgs]

The strange thing is: The ROS-website
(http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_planning_common) says that the
motion_planning_common stack should be part of the wg-ros-pkg
repository, but even I myself can't find it there; no wonder rospack
cannot.

Where is this?

Thanks,
clemens

Re: installing openraveros

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/motion_planning_common/trunk

i just updated the openrave.rosinstall file in this page:
http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installation

rosen,

2010/7/29 Clemens Eppner <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
> I'm having problems installing the ros packages of openrave. I
> followed exactly the instructions on
> http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installation
> But satisfying the dependencies fails (e.g. for orrosplanning):
>
> [rosstack] couldn't find dependency [motion_planning_common] of
> [openrave_planning]
> [rosstack] missing dependency
> Failed to find stack for package [mapping_msgs]
>
> The strange thing is: The ROS-website
> (http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_planning_common) says that the
> motion_planning_common stack should be part of the wg-ros-pkg
> repository, but even I myself can't find it there; no wonder rospack
> cannot.
>
> Where is this?
>

> Thanks,
> clemens

Re: installing openraveros

clemens
Thanks, that solved it!

Another basic question concerning the openrave-ros stuff: I want to
use openrave to simulate sensor data and also execute joint angle
commands (on the simulated robot). Which openraverosnode is most
suited for this task?
The openrave_sensors node is perfect for the first task (simulating
sensor readings) but i cannot control the simulated robot...

Thanks,
clemens

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/motion_planning_common/trunk
>
> i just updated the openrave.rosinstall file in this page:
> http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installation
>
> rosen,
>
> 2010/7/29 Clemens Eppner <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>> I'm having problems installing the ros packages of openrave. I
>> followed exactly the instructions on
>> http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installation
>> But satisfying the dependencies fails (e.g. for orrosplanning):
>>
>> [rosstack] couldn't find dependency [motion_planning_common] of
>> [openrave_planning]
>> [rosstack] missing dependency
>> Failed to find stack for package [mapping_msgs]
>>
>> The strange thing is: The ROS-website
>> (http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_planning_common) says that the
>> motion_planning_common stack should be part of the wg-ros-pkg
>> repository, but even I myself can't find it there; no wonder rospack
>> cannot.
>>
>> Where is this?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> clemens

Re: installing openraveros

hi clemens,

The openraveros just offers the openrave functionality as services
across the network. The openrave_robot_control node gives a very
simple controller interface across the ROS netwoork. For now i
recommend using openrave_sensors and openrave_robot_control together.
There are several example launch files in both folders, and
information on the wiki on usage.

openraveros itself will be redesigned in the future to allow for more
seamless integration. there will be a EnvironmentROS class derived
from EnvironmentBase that will be able to load openrave plugins from
ros package paths more naturally. It will also be able to parse
package://mypackage/file.xml paths. The current openraveros server
will be transformed into an interface that offers the services, and
can be loaded from any currently running openrave session.