linker errors

auser
hi,

I am a new user running OpenRave from windows (msvc 2008).
I have two issues:

1) I am not able to build since rev. 1367. I have many linking errors (due to "__str__") like the following:
19>IvSelector.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall OpenRAVE::COLLISIONREPORT::__str__(void)const " (?__str__@COLLISIONREPORT@OpenRAVE@@UBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)
19>C:\openrave\build\plugins\qtcoinrave\Release\qtcoinrave.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

2) I am only able to run openrave with octave. The python examples start but the graphical window does not pop up and I get the following error:
[plugindatabase.h:359] Failed to load C:\Programmi\openrave\share\openrave\plugins\qtcoinrave.dll
[plugindatabase.h:295] failed to load: C:\Programmi\openrave\share\openrave\plugins\qtcoinrave.dll
[plugindatabase.h:170] Failed to create name qtcoin, interface viewer
although "qtcoinrave.dll" is in the proper folder and the environment variables are set.

do you have any suggestion?

best regards,
Jacopo

Re: linker errors

hi Jacopo,

Thanks for the bug report. I think i fixed it in r1373, so can you
test? (I don't have a windows machine in front of me)

thanks,
rosen,

2010/3/31 auser <[hidden email]>:

> hi,
>
> I am a new user running OpenRave from windows (msvc 2008).
> I have two issues:
>
> 1) I am not able to build since rev. 1367. I have many linking errors (due
> to "__str__") like the following:
> 19>IvSelector.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
> virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator<char> > __thiscall
> OpenRAVE::COLLISIONREPORT::__str__(void)const "
> (?__str__@COLLISIONREPORT@OpenRAVE@@UBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)
> 19>C:\openrave\build\plugins\qtcoinrave\Release\qtcoinrave.dll : fatal error
> LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>
> 2) I am only able to run openrave with octave. The python examples start but
> the graphical window does not pop up and I get the following error:
> [plugindatabase.h:359] Failed to load
> C:\Programmi\openrave\share\openrave\plugins\qtcoinrave.dll
> [plugindatabase.h:295] failed to load:
> C:\Programmi\openrave\share\openrave\plugins\qtcoinrave.dll
> [plugindatabase.h:170] Failed to create name qtcoin, interface viewer
> although "qtcoinrave.dll" is in the proper folder and the environment
> variables are set.
>
> do you have any suggestion?
>
> best regards,
> Jacopo