openrave-config --python-dir Doesn't return

openrave-config --python-dir Doesn't return

kayse117
Hello,
I am new to OpenRAVE and am running ubuntu on a virtual machine. After running the install commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openrave/release
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openrave

I get the full install, but once I go to obtain the dir, I get the following:

openrave-config: command not found

do I need to cd to the location of openrave?

Re: openrave-config --python-dir Doesn't return

nickd
Hey

you might need to follow the commands on this page in order to get things working.

http://www.openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/tutorials/openravepy_beginning/#getting-started

Re: openrave-config --python-dir Doesn't return

kayse117
Hey thanks nickd for the quick response!
as I said, I run the sudo commands on the install page.
When I go to run the command:
'openrave-config --python-dir'

I receive a openrave-config: command not found.

Is there anything between the install and obtaining the path that I should
be doing?

Re: openrave-config --python-dir Doesn't return

kayse117
I apologize for this question. I figured out my mistake!
Thanks again

Re: openrave-config --python-dir Doesn't return

Lotusword
Hi kayse117,

Could you please tell me how you fixed the problem? Thanks!