openrave crash during start under win7 32 Bit

openrave crash during start under win7 32 Bit

Thomas Ihme
Hi,

I have tried to set up openrave on Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 32 Bit. While
starting openrave, it crashes. I found only reports with a similar problem
under win7 64 Bit (e.g. the post by Piero Zucchelli on 2010-07-23).

As I already was compiling with Visual Studio (version see at bottom), I
started debugging to isolate the problem.

The crash happens in qtcoinviewer.cpp at line 101

    _pviewer = new SoQtExaminerViewer(view1);

The debug output came up with the following message:

HEAP[openrave.exe]: Invalid address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 00DC0000, 00F0FFA8 )

Maybe, there is a problem with initializing qt or a problem with memory access
which is not allowed under win 7 (probably not a problem with former windows
versions). Possibly there may be a general problem with the used qt libraries
and win 7.

Does anyone experience the same problem or already found a solution for this issue?

Best regards,
Thomas

Openrave version: 1765

openrave path is set at the beginning of path variable

Compiler Version:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1
Installed Edition: Enterprise

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
T7700  @ 2.40GHz, 2401 MHz, 2 cores, 2 logic processors

Re: openrave crash during start under win7 32 Bit

Damian Tomala
Hi Thomas,

I had the same problem .. now i have OpenRAVE on Linux and everything is ok.. maybe you can try to update to r1771 and run openRave in win95 compatibility.. by the way , on openrave website I saw that is supported by most to winXP..

Damian,