openrave crashes in windows

Goutham Mallapragada
Hi Rosen,

I am using openrave r1517 in windows and wrote an application in c++. OpenRAVE often crashes with the following message.

Unhandled exception at 0x7d4e2366 in ordepalletizer.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: OpenRAVE::openrave_exception at memory location 0x0f1cf808..

Call stack is as follows:

     kernel32.dll!7d4e2366()
     [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for kernel32.dll]
     kernel32.dll!7d4e2366()
     kernel32.dll!7d4d8bf1()
     ntdll.dll!7d61cc60()
     kernel32.dll!7d506303()
>    openrave-core.dll!Environment::_SimulationThread()  Line 1698    C++
     8d5151ec()

It works sometimes with out crashing but often crashes with the above message. Any ideas why it is behaving like this? I tried to wrap most of my code around a try block to catch openrave_exception.
I also have a try block around viewer->main(showgui) in SetViewer() method since its a separate thread. So I dont know who is throwing this exception or where to catch it.

Goutham

Re: openrave crashes in windows

hi Goutham,

Is this reproducible with any of the openrave examples that do not
include your code? If not, then the problem lies somewhere in your
allocation schemes. One thing you can do is run the exe and then
attach the visual studio debugger to it (there should be an attach
processes... dialog box), it should crash at your problem point.

rosen,