openrave gui problems

garratt
Hi Rosen,

While adding the python support for Force sensors, I recompiled
openrave, (r1317) and started getting a segfault when I just set the
viewer and click on it. ( if I don't interact with the viewer, I can run
everything)

This doesn't seem to be at all related to the sensor plugin, so I'm
unsure what I could be doing differently.

Here is the interaction I have with openrave:

Python 2.6.4 (r264:75706, Dec  7 2009, 18:43:55)
[GCC 4.4.1] on linux2
>>> from openravepy import *
>>> env = Environment() # create openrave environment
>>> env.SetViewer('qtcoin') # attach viewer (optional)
Coin error in SoGroup::insertChild(): idx 2 is out of bounds (groupnode
# children == 0)
[openravepy_int.cpp:2449] viewer qtcoin successfully attached
True
<here is where I click the screen>
>>> Segmentation fault

This also happens with openrave called from the command line.

Btw, I'm recompiling openrave by running
cd ~/ros/pkgs/wg-ros-pkg-trunk/openrave_planning/openrave
make clean
make

Any ideas?

Thanks
Garratt

Re: openrave gui problems

APieropan
I have the same problem, any suggestion?

Re: openrave gui problems

hi APieropan,

In the end, it turned out to be a problem with the coin3d/soqt
libraries. Make sure there's only one version of each on your computer
(if you use the system install make libcoin40 and libcoin60 are not
both installed). When you fix these problems, make sure to delete the
openrave build/CMakeCache.txt file before remaking.

If problems persist, you might try to convert to libcoin40 (default
library for ubunut 9.10 is libcoin60) and recompile the latest soqt
from sources

rosen,