openrave.py --robothash gone?

Mehmet Remzi Dogar
Hi,
There was a feature recently added to openrave.py that output the
robot or body hashes, like:
$ openrave.py --robothash=robotfile

It has been a useful feature for me, as I was using it in some of my
scripts to get the robot hashes. But today I realized that this
feature is no more there. It would be great to have this feature back.
Or else, is there any other way I can get the hash strings?
I am using r1496.

Thanks,
-mehmet

Re: openrave.py --robothash gone?

Mehmet Remzi Dogar
I now realized that there is a new file openrave-hash.py that I can
use to do what I want.
Thanks,
-mehmet

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM, mehmet r dogar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> There was a feature recently added to openrave.py that output the
> robot or body hashes, like:
> $ openrave.py --robothash=robotfile
>
> It has been a useful feature for me, as I was using it in some of my
> scripts to get the robot hashes. But today I realized that this
> feature is no more there. It would be great to have this feature back.
> Or else, is there any other way I can get the hash strings?
> I am using r1496.
>
> Thanks,
> -mehmet

Re: openrave.py --robothash gone?

hi mehmet,

You'll also notice there's now hashes for the manipulator and sensor
definitions. We're still working out some kinks in the hash
computation to make it consistent across all platforms/OSes,
regardless of what precision openrave is compiled with. This gets
really tricky when geometry is involved.

Once we have a consistent hash function, I hope that we can start an
official robot database somewhere where anyone can access any type of
preprocessed data for all robots and bodies.

rosen,