openravepy IsGrabbing

Dmitry Berenson
Hello, I am using openravepy (r1419) and I am having some trouble with
grabbed bodies. There seem to be two IsGrabbing functions, one for
robots and one for manipulators. I would like to use the manipulator
IsGrabbing so that I know which hand is grabbing a given object (for
robots with more than one manipulator). But for some reason, the
IsGrabbing for manipulators always returns False, even when that
manipulator is grabbing something. Here is a little test I ran in
python:

In [7]: robot.Grab(orEnv.GetKinBody("object"))
Out[7]: True

In [8]: a.IsGrabbing(orEnv.GetKinBody("object"))
Out[8]: False

In [9]: robot.IsGrabbing(orEnv.GetKinBody("object"))
Out[9]: <env.GetKinBody('BarrettWAM').GetLink('wam7')>

In [10]: robot.GetActiveManipulator().IsGrabbing(orEnv.GetKinBody("object"))
Out[10]: False

--

Dmitry

Re: openravepy IsGrabbing

hi dmitry,
thanks for the report, this is fixed in r1426
rosen,