problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

Damian Tomala
Hi
I have problem with example schunkSAHhand.xml. This example has an *.xml(robot) part and other *.dae(only grasper). When i want to MoveManipulation and than CloseFingers, the first step with MoveManipulation is good but when i try to CloseFingers - openrave crashing and i see this :
[basemanipulation.h:964] CloseFingers moved to TaskManipulation...
[grasperplanner.h:207] no objects in environment
Segmentation fault

This is how im doing it:
openrave.py -i /home/dmt/openrave/src/robots/schunkSAHhand.xml
In [1]: manipprob = interfaces.BaseManipulation(robot)
In [2]: manipprob.MoveManipulator(goal=[1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0])
Out [2]: '1'
## this part is my problem (CloseFingers - this part is in dae format)
In [3]: manipprob.CloseFingers()

[basemanipulation.h:964] CloseFingers moved to TaskManipulation...
[grasperplanner.h:207] no objects in environment
Segmentation fault

in example barrettwam.robot.xml i can CloseFingers without any problem...

In [2]: manipprob.CloseFingers()
[basemanipulation.h:964] CloseFingers moved to TaskManipulation...
[grasperplanner.h:207] no objects in environment
Out[2]: (None, None)

In [2]: manipprob.ReleaseFingers()
[basemanipulation.h:964] CloseFingers moved to TaskManipulation...
[grasperplanner.h:207] no objects in environment
Out[2]: (None, None)

Re: [SPAM] problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

hi dmt,

Please send the robot XML files so we can test condition.

thanks,
rosen,

2010/10/12 DMT <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
> I have problem with example schunkSAHhand.xml. This example has an
> *.xml(robot) part and other *.dae(only grasper). When i want to
> MoveManipulation and than CloseFingers, the first step with MoveManipulation
> is good but when i try to CloseFingers - openrave crashing and i see this :
> [basemanipulation.h:964] CloseFingers moved to TaskManipulation...
> [grasperplanner.h:207] no objects in environment
> Segmentation fault
>
> This is how im doing it:
> openrave.py -i /home/dmt/openrave/src/robots/schunkSAHhand.xml
> In [1]: manipprob = interfaces.BaseManipulation(robot)
> In [2]: manipprob.MoveManipulator(goal=[1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0])
> Out [2]: '1'
> ## this part is my problem (CloseFingers - this part is in dae format)
> In [3]: manipprob.CloseFingers()
>
> [basemanipulation.h:964] CloseFingers moved to TaskManipulation...
> [grasperplanner.h:207] no objects in environment
> Segmentation fault

Re: [SPAM] problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

Damian Tomala
hi Rosen,
this has everything what you want
http://hotfile.com/dl/75491931/defee75/schunkSDHhand.dae.tar.gz.html

another xml with dae example care-o-bot3-sim.robot.xml can do CloseFingers without any problem...

thanks,
DMT

Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

hi dmt,

Please update to r1771. One of the problems was that you did not have
a well defined <manipulator> to use. Try adding the following to the
xml file:

 <manipulator name="arm">
   <base>base</base>
   <effector>link6</effector>
   <joints>hand_Bone_B1_Joint hand_Bone_B2_Joint hand_Bone_B3_Joint
hand_Bone_A1_Joint hand_Bone_A2_Joint hand_Bone_A3_Joint
hand_Bone_C1_Joint hand_Bone_C2_Joint hand_Bone_C3_Joint</joints>
   <closingdirection>0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1</closingdirection>
   <direction>1 0 0</direction>
 </manipulator>

Before calling any planning methods, make sure to call:

robot.SetActiveManipulator('sah')

The other problem was internal to grasping in openrave. In any case,
an image of the final closed hand is attached.
rosen,

sdh_closing.png (64K) Download Attachment

Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

Damian Tomala
hi Rosen,
I make all this things:
- update to r171 and rebuild openrave
- add this what you wrote <manipulator> to xml
- check and call robot.SetActiveManipulator('arm') [I didnt see any 'sah' in this xml file]

and nothing ... maybe you can send me this xml file cause i dont know why it isnt works :(

This is view from my console : http://wklej.org/id/400679/

by the way.. im writing my engineering work to the university about "Manipulative control of a robot in an environment OpenRAVE" and thats why im asking :)

dmt,

Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

hi dmt,

i mixed up the names. anyway, i'm attaching the final robot file. You
should call

robot.SetActiveManipulator('arm')

good luck!
rosen,

2010/10/13 DMT <[hidden email]>:

> hi Rosen,
> I make all this things:
> - update to r171 and rebuild openrave
> - add this what you wrote <manipulator> to xml
> - check and call robot.SetActiveManipulator('arm') [I didnt see any 'sah' in
> this xml file]
>
> and nothing ... maybe you can send me this xml file cause i dont know why it
> isnt works :(
>
> This is view from my console : http://wklej.org/id/400679/
>
> by the way.. im writing my engineering work to the university about
> "Manipulative control of a robot in an environment OpenRAVE" and thats why
> im asking :)
>
> dmt,

schunkSAHhand.xml (1K) Download Attachment

[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

Damian Tomala

hi Rosen,

I was doing this call : robot.SetActiveManipulator('arm'), I knew that you
change names, but it doesn't work anyway...and I have the same code xml as
you give me now.. I'm trying to find answer where is problem.

Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] problem with schunkSAHhand.xml

Damian Tomala
hi Rosen,

everything is ok, now I will be trying to grasp a mug in my own simple env ;) I create my env and now im writing a python script... I know already how to move after "Please press enter to contiune" and then robot has move... but grasp is much more difficult

thank you very much for helping me !

Damian

ps. whether there is any direct command that allows you to catch by the robot thing specified by name, for example: the robot is called sah searching in space(env) object named mug and directs the frame to his page and then makes catching?