problems about generating and loading IK dll in windows xp

problems about generating and loading IK dll in windows xp

vivi
Hi Rosen,

I am trying to generate an IK using the simple script "openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=robots/pa10.robot.xml", however, i cannot succeed and stuck at the following:

  "ライブラリ C:/Documents and Settings/Wang/.openrave/kinematics.a3fc2a58c084be
ca1a6f29736b224a40/ikfast19.Transform6D.x86.lib とオブジェクト C:/Documents and
Settings/Wang/.openrave/kinematics.a3fc2a58c084beca1a6f29736b224a40/ikfast19.Tra
nsform6D.x86.exp を作成中"

at the same time, a windows runtime error popup with the information :"C Run-Time library Error R6034: An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I am using an windows xp machine with VS2005.

Even this error happens, there is still an IK dll files generated. but it cannot be loaded when i test it.

I think maybe it is the problem about the C runtime library msvcr80.dll, i check the dependancy of the generated IK dll file, it depends on msvcr80.dll and there is no problems.

If you have any suggestions about this problem, it will be great thankful.

best wishes

vivi

Re: problems about generating and loading IK dll in windows xp

hi vivi,

I've tried to solve this problem in the past with no success... the
problem is that python the distutils.ccompiler library is made to work
with msvc9 or later (ie vs2008). Although it generates the DLL, it
passes a weird option to generate a manifest file.

If you can figure out a way to load the DLL or not pass the option, we
can patch up database/inversekinematics.py. Otherwise, i recommend you
install vs2008 (note that i've never tested vs2010)

rosen,

2010/11/18 vivi <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Rosen,
>
> I am trying to generate an IK using the simple script "openrave.py
> --database inversekinematics --robot=robots/pa10.robot.xml", however, i
> cannot succeed and stuck at the following:
>
>  "ライブラリ C:/Documents and Settings/Wang/.openrave/kinematics.a3fc2a58c084be
> ca1a6f29736b224a40/ikfast19.Transform6D.x86.lib とオブジェクト C:/Documents and
> Settings/Wang/.openrave/kinematics.a3fc2a58c084beca1a6f29736b224a40/ikfast19.Tra
> nsform6D.x86.exp を作成中"
>
> at the same time, a windows runtime error popup with the information :"C
> Run-Time library Error R6034: An application has made an attempt to load the
> C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team
> for more information."
>
> I am using an windows xp machine with VS2005.
>
> Even this error happens, there is still an IK dll files generated. but it
> cannot be loaded when i test it.
>
> I think maybe it is the problem about the C runtime library msvcr80.dll, i
> check the dependancy of the generated IK dll file, it depends on msvcr80.dll
> and there is no problems.
>
> If you have any suggestions about this problem, it will be great thankful.
>
> best wishes
>
> vivi

Re: problems about generating and loading IK dll in windows xp

hi vivi,

as a temporary workaround, you can open the generated C++ and compile
a working DLL manually. openrave should be able to recognize and use
it.

rosen,

2010年11月18日22:55 Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>:

> hi vivi,
>
> I've tried to solve this problem in the past with no success... the
> problem is that python the distutils.ccompiler library is made to work
> with msvc9 or later (ie vs2008). Although it generates the DLL, it
> passes a weird option to generate a manifest file.
>
> If you can figure out a way to load the DLL or not pass the option, we
> can patch up database/inversekinematics.py. Otherwise, i recommend you
> install vs2008 (note that i've never tested vs2010)
>
> rosen,
>
> 2010/11/18 vivi <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Rosen,
>>
>> I am trying to generate an IK using the simple script "openrave.py
>> --database inversekinematics --robot=robots/pa10.robot.xml", however, i
>> cannot succeed and stuck at the following:
>>
>>  "ライブラリ C:/Documents and Settings/Wang/.openrave/kinematics.a3fc2a58c084be
>> ca1a6f29736b224a40/ikfast19.Transform6D.x86.lib とオブジェクト C:/Documents and
>> Settings/Wang/.openrave/kinematics.a3fc2a58c084beca1a6f29736b224a40/ikfast19.Tra
>> nsform6D.x86.exp を作成中"
>>
>> at the same time, a windows runtime error popup with the information :"C
>> Run-Time library Error R6034: An application has made an attempt to load the
>> C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team
>> for more information."
>>
>> I am using an windows xp machine with VS2005.
>>
>> Even this error happens, there is still an IK dll files generated. but it
>> cannot be loaded when i test it.
>>
>> I think maybe it is the problem about the C runtime library msvcr80.dll, i
>> check the dependancy of the generated IK dll file, it depends on msvcr80.dll
>> and there is no problems.
>>
>> If you have any suggestions about this problem, it will be great thankful.
>>
>> best wishes
>>
>> vivi

Re: problems about generating and loading IK dll in windows xp

vivi
Hi Rosen,

I have succeeded to generating and loading IK, after i reinstalled vc2008

thank you very much