qtcoinviewer failure when activating camera sensor

qtcoinviewer failure when activating camera sensor

Kelmar
Hello,

I'm using openRave platform for the last 4 years and I would like at first to congratulate the author for such a good job.

I was running it on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bits prompted with RT capabilities and an Nvidia graphic card without getting any problem.

But now, I have had to update my lab hardware and, in consequence, the software. Because I have 16GB of RAM memory, I have had to install an Ubuntu 14.10 64 bits and I'm using a Nvidia GT 440.

I have downloaded the last stable openrave library (the 0.9 release) and I have compiled if from the sources.

When I tested it, I got this errors:

[plugindatabase.h:929 _SysLoadLibrary] /usr/local/share/openrave-0.9/plugins/openravepy_configurationcache.so: libconfigurationcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[plugindatabase.h:857 _LoadPlugin] failed to load: /usr/local/share/openrave-0.9/plugins/openravepy_configurationcache.so
[plugindatabase.h:577 Create] Failed to create name ode, interface collisionchecker
[plugindatabase.h:577 Create] Failed to create name bullet, interface collisionchecker
Coin warning in glxglue_context_create_software(): Couldn't create GLX context.
[qtcoinviewer.cpp:3417 _GetCameraImage] offscreen renderer failed (check video driver), disabling
[qtcoinviewer.cpp:3370 _GetCameraImage] cannot render offscreen
[qtcoinviewer.cpp:3370 _GetCameraImage] cannot render offscreen
[qtcoinviewer.cpp:3370 _GetCameraImage] cannot render offscreen
[qtcoinviewer.cpp:3370 _GetCameraImage] cannot render offscreen
[qtcoinviewer.cpp:3370 _GetCameraImage] cannot render offscreen
[qtcoinviewer.cpp:3370 _GetCameraImage] cannot render offscreen

In the past. I got this error because I was using an ATI graphic card and it seemed that the driver was not well set, But using Nvidia privative drivers, I doubt this is the problem now.

I have also tested it on another computer with an Intel 4 Series Graphic card with the same result.

Any idea? If the graphic card drivers are the problem, how can I know which ones are going to work well with openRave third party viewer?

Thanks in advance

Re: qtcoinviewer failure when activating camera sensor

Kelmar
After a little of research and several tests, it looks like there is some problems when using the coin three party library on Ubuntu 14.04 64bits.

I have set up everything on a new partition running the same Ubuntu 14.04 but this time the 32 bits version and everything is running ok.

It is a pitty do not be able to use openrave on a 64 bits OS, though. Even more if we use image processing algorithms.

I wonder if the problem is because of the three party libraries or due to the nvidia driver when using a 64 OS.

Thanks anyway.