"openrave -save myrobot.zae myrobot.xml" doesn't work

"openrave -save myrobot.zae myrobot.xml" doesn't work

saurabdixit
Hello Everyone,
                         I have downloaded one .zae file from this website and tried "openrave -save" command on it. I am new to openrave. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am getting following error:

"""
[plugindatabase.h:929 _SysLoadLibrary] /usr/share/openrave-0.9/plugins/openravepy_configurationcache.so: openravepy_int.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[plugindatabase.h:857 _LoadPlugin] failed to load: /usr/share/openrave-0.9/plugins/openravepy_configurationcache.so
[textserver.h:403 main] text server listening on port 4765
[libopenrave.cpp:683 FindLocalFile] could not find file "--save"
[environment-core.h:475 Load] load failed on file --save
[colladareader.cpp:3383 handleError] COLLADA error: Failed to open file:/home/saurabh/Downloads/--save in daeLIBXMLPlugin::readFromFile
[colladareader.cpp:3383 handleError] COLLADA error: Failed to load file:/home/saurabh/Downloads/--save
[libopenrave.cpp:683 FindLocalFile] could not find file "man1.xml"
[environment-core.h:475 Load] load failed on file man1.xml
[colladareader.cpp:3383 handleError] COLLADA error: Failed to open file:/home/saurabh/Downloads/man1.xml in daeLIBXMLPlugin::readFromFile
[colladareader.cpp:3383 handleError] COLLADA error: Failed to load file:/home/saurabh/Downloads/man1.xml
[qtcoinrave.cpp:80 DestroyPlugin] SoQt releasing all memory
Coin debug: socontexthandler_cleanup(): 133 context-bound resources not free'd before exit.

"""

The main reason I want to generate xml files from zae files is that, I want to import 3D model into openrave along with the barrettWAM robot. I have dae and stl file format of the part. I am able to import .stl format of the part into openrave along with the robot, but it is not aligned properly. For aligning them properly, I think I will need xml file.

Is there any better way to do this?

Thanks,

Saurabh Dixit

Re: "openrave -save myrobot.zae myrobot.xml" doesn't work

Duesentrieb66
Hi,

I'm net to OpenRave as well and don't really have a clue. But I saw this:

/usr/share/openrave-0.9/plugins/openravepy_configurationcache.so: openravepy_int.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

looks like you're missing some stuff. make sure that "/usr/share/openrave-0.9/plugins/openravepy_configurationcache.so" is existing. if not search for it and change the path.

good luck,
Duesentrieb

Re: "openrave -save myrobot.zae myrobot.xml" doesn't work

saurabdixit
Thanks for suggestion. I have seen it and it is present there.

BTW, I am using "ReadKinBodyXMLFile('filename.stl, {'scalegeometry':'0.001 0.001 0.001'}')" as units in openrave are in meters. For importing stl file. I am going to use transformation matrix to transform it with in the space.

Thanks again,

Saurabh

Re: "openrave -save myrobot.zae myrobot.xml" doesn't work

saurabdixit
Hello Everyone,
                  Sorry to bother you again. As told earlier, I am using ReadKinBodyXMLFile to load the part. I am doing this

from openravepy import *
env = Environement()
env.Load('robots/barrettwam.robot.xml')
env.SetViewer('qtcoin')
obj = env.ReadKinBodyXMLFile('filename.stl',{'scalegeometry':'0.001 0.001 0.001'})
robot = env.GetRobots()[0]
env.Add(obj)

If I remove the env.Add(obj) line from the code. It is not showing 3D part in the openrave window that means something should be present in obj variable. But when I try to print obj it shows "None". What should I do?

By the way, Can I do it using xml files? because I am still not able to generate xml files from zae file.

Regards,

Saurabh Dixit

Re: "openrave -save myrobot.zae myrobot.xml" doesn't work

Duesentrieb66
Do you have read / execute rights?

Try run as root to be sure.

Re: "openrave -save myrobot.zae myrobot.xml" doesn't work

Dear Saurabh,

In order to open STL files, you will need to have libassimp installed on your system, and then compile openave with it.
Also you should use ReadKinBodyURI

hope this helps,