running examples

gionata salvietti
Dear users,
I'm a newby in OpenRAVE so I apologize in advance if my questions are trivial.

I try to run the ManipulationGraspPlanning demo and I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "graspplanning.py", line 17, in <module>
    from openravepy import *
ImportError: No module named openravepy

Which is the next step?

Thanks,
_G.

Re: running examples

Hi gionata,

You need to add $OPENRAVEINSTALL/share/openrave to your PYTHONPATH.
And you should add the openrave bin dir to your PATH

in linux you would add this to your ~/.bashrc file

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:`openrave-config --python-dir`

on windows, the python path to add looks something like:
C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave

I would also make sure openravepy is compiled: you should have a
share/openrave/openraevpy/openravepy_ext.[so/pyd] file

rosen,