serializing trajectories precisely

Evan Herbst
I can sample a trajectory before serializing it, but if I sample after, I get numerical precision errors in _ValidateLinear() (ie, x(0) + dt * v(0) != x(dt)). I assume this is due
to the limited number of significant digits that are output in serialization. Is there a binary serialization option?

Thanks.

- Evan

Re: serializing trajectories precisely

Evan Herbst
In an openrave plugin that returns the trajectory string,

-----
t->serialize(out);

OpenRAVE::CollisionReportPtr report(new OpenRAVE::CollisionReport());
for (double time=0.0; time<t->GetDuration(); time+=0.01)
{
   std::vector< OpenRAVE::dReal > point;
   t->Sample(point, time);
   robot->SetActiveDOFValues(point);
   if (env->CheckCollision(robot,report)) {...}
}
-----

Outside openrave,

-----
OpenRAVE::TrajectoryBasePtr traj = OpenRAVE::RaveCreateTrajectory(env, "");
std::ostringstream outstr;
plugin->SendCommand(outstr, args);
std::istringstream instr(outstr.str());

traj->deserialize(instr);