Quantcast

setting the point around which the viewpoint can be rotated

setting the point around which the viewpoint can be rotated

Paul E. Rybski
Hi,
        Is there a way in a plugin to set the point around which the GUI
viewpoint is rotated?  This would be a C++ equivalent of doing the
operation where you push 's' in the GUI and the click on a point in the
display.

Thanks,

-Paul

Re: setting the point around which the viewpoint can be rotated

Rosen Diankov-2
No there isn't. Is there a usage scenario where you think this
functionality is critical?

Maybe EnvironmentBase::SetCamera can be overloaded with a lookat 3D position...

Rosen,

2008/8/11 Paul E. Rybski <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>        Is there a way in a plugin to set the point around which the GUI
> viewpoint is rotated?  This would be a C++ equivalent of doing the
> operation where you push 's' in the GUI and the click on a point in the
> display.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Paul

Re: setting the point around which the viewpoint can be rotated

Paul E. Rybski
It's not critical.  I was just looking for a way to set up the viewing
environment for a data display plugin so that the initial camera pose
and the point around which it rotates could be set up for the user at
initialization time.

-Paul

Rosen Diankov wrote:

> No there isn't. Is there a usage scenario where you think this
> functionality is critical?
>
> Maybe EnvironmentBase::SetCamera can be overloaded with a lookat 3D position...
>
> Rosen,
>
> 2008/8/11 Paul E. Rybski <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>        Is there a way in a plugin to set the point around which the GUI
>> viewpoint is rotated?  This would be a C++ equivalent of doing the
>> operation where you push 's' in the GUI and the click on a point in the
>> display.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Paul

Paul E. Rybski, Ph.D., Systems Scientist
Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
Phone: 412-268-7417, Fax: 412-268-7350
Web: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~prybski

Re: setting the point around which the viewpoint can be rotated

Rosen Diankov-2
Ok, it is added. Check out EnvironmentBase::SetCameraLookAt (rev 310)