soqt viewer problem

Dennis Krupke
Hi everybody!

i just try to integrate the viewer with OpenRAVE simulation in my homebrewn control GUI. I know that it needs an own thread but I don't get it working. I have the choice between a working simulation, if I load the viewer before I load my mainwindow. But then my mainwindow doesn't pop up till I have closed the coin viewer. In the background my calculations are computed (they change the joint angles of the robot).
The others choice is an empty soqt viewer and my working mainwindow with my control options and plotting functionality.
I read about problems with the viewer, but I think I missed something of importance.
If I ĺoad the viewer in another thread I get:
QCoreApplication::sendPostedEvents: Cannot send posted events for objects in another thread
QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread

Does anybody have an idea?

Best,
Dennis

Re: soqt viewer problem

Dennis Krupke
Hi all,

I solved the problem with the viewer. I called the viewer in the same
thread, where I called my other MainWindow of my GUI. That was a bad
idea. Now everything is fine ;)

Best,
Dennis

Zitat von dennisKr <[hidden email]>:

> Hi everybody!
>
> i just try to integrate the viewer with OpenRAVE simulation in my homebrewn
> control GUI. I know that it needs an own thread but I don't get it working.
> I have the choice between a working simulation, if I load the viewer before
> I load my mainwindow. But then my mainwindow doesn't pop up till I have
> closed the coin viewer. In the background my calculations are computed (they
> change the joint angles of the robot).
> The others choice is an empty soqt viewer and my working mainwindow with my
> control options and plotting functionality.
> I read about problems with the viewer, but I think I missed something of
> importance.
> If I ĺoad the viewer in another thread I get:
> QCoreApplication::sendPostedEvents: Cannot send posted events for objects in
> another thread
> QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread
>
> Does anybody have an idea?
>
> Best,
> Dennis

Re: soqt viewer problem

hi dennis,

I'm glad you figured it out! Although it might be a little late,
there's an example for how to load viewers in openraave here:

http://openrave.programmingvision.com/ordocs/en/html/orloadviewer_8cpp-example.html

please let us know if you stumble onto anymore problems.
rosen,