support for non-actuated joints and non-holonomic constraints?

support for non-actuated joints and non-holonomic constraints?

baxelrod

I have an under-actuated arm that I would like to use with OpenRave.  Does ikfast have support for non-actuated joints?  Ideally, joints with a spring force such that they will return to their zero position if possible.  I know OpenRave has “free” joints, but I don’t think this is what I want.  It is my understanding that these free joints are essentially fixed during the ik computation.  Is that correct?  I also know OpenRave can do dynamics simulation where joint springs can be simulated.  But I don’t think this is what I want either.  I am interested in ik computation.

Also, what if my end-effector has non-holonomic constraints?  Is there a way to deal with this in OpenRave?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Axelrod

Sr. Robotics Software Engineer