Quantcast

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

MattTaylor
HI All,

Continuing with ym armhf build. I have no got a sucsessful build and install.

When running openrave with different flags, I get the following output:

root@matt-linux-box:/root/root/openrave/openrave# openrave -h
[openrave.cpp:93] OpenRAVE Usage
--nogui             Run without a GUI (does not initialize the graphics engine nor communicate with any window manager)
--hidegui           Run with a hidden GUI, this allows 3D rendering and images to be captured
--listplugins       List all plugins and the interfaces they provide
--loadplugin [path] load a plugin at the following path
--serverport [port] start up the server on a specific port (default is 4765)
--collision [name]  Default collision checker to use
--viewer [name]     Default viewer to use
--server [name]     Default server to use
--physics [name]    Default physics engine to use
-d [debug-level]   start up OpenRAVE with the specified debug level (higher numbers print more).
                   Default level is 2 for release builds, and 4 for debug builds.
-wdims [width] [height] start up the GUI window with these dimensions
-wpos x y set the position of the GUI window
--module [modulename] [args] Start openrave with a module. If args involves spaces, surround it with double quotes. args is optional.
--version          Output the current openrave version

-f [scene]         Load a openrave environment file

root@matt-linux-box:/root/root/openrave/openrave# openrave --nogui --listplugins
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
Aborted (core dumped)

root@matt-linux-box:/root/root/openrave/openrave# openrave --nogui -d 5

root@matt-linux-box:/root/root/openrave/openrave# openrave --nogui -d 1
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
Aborted (core dumped)

root@matt-linux-box:/root/root/openrave/openrave# openrave --nogui --version
0.9.0

I'm having a Google now.
Has anyone got any hints or has seen this before?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

Aleksandar Atanasov
Well actually today I decided to do some stuff on my notebook involving OpenRAVE and I got this nasty surprise. In my case even --nogui doesn't help. I get openrave terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'   what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid Aborted (core dumped)  all the time and can't start it. Scripts that were working before are not anymore. I also have it on my workstation, which luckily is rarely connected to the internet and I always do selective updated. So far I haven't done any updates of OpenRAVE there but I might have missed something on my notebook. Last time I checked there I had 0.8.2. It's strange that you are getting 0.9.0. Reinstalling from the repo didn't fix anything.

Re: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

the locale::facet problem has to do with your LANG environment variable, try doing:

sudo locale-gen $LANG

if that doesn't work, try

export LANG=C