unable to load .dae files "basic_string::_M_construct null not valid"

unable to load .dae files "basic_string::_M_construct null not valid"

Moloy_Das
Hello all,

I am new to openrave and I am trying to load the .dae file of Scorbot er4u (.dae file is attached below). But i am getting "basic_string::_M_construct null not valid" error. I am running it on ubuntu 16.04 and .dae file was generated using a solidworks plugin that exports to collada format.

Script i am trying is:

openrave.py --level=verbose er4u_Collada/ScorBot_er4u_2.dae.

error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/openrave.py", line 187, in <module>
    env.Load(arg)
RuntimeError: basic_string::_M_construct null not valid
environment is already destroyed
shutting down viewer manager thread

here's the things i already did:

I changed the collada file version from 1.4 to 1.5.
I ran it through xml validators suspecting the error in formatting but everything was fine.

The detailed error can be seen from the attached image. Can anyone help me to rectify the error? I suspect there is something wrong with the dae file but couldn't find it.

Robot's .dae file:  ScorBot_er4u_2.dae

Detailed error:
error

Re: unable to load .dae files "basic_string::_M_construct null not valid"

fsuarez6
Hi Moloy,

Your dae file seems correct because I'm able to load it in meshlab:
$ meshlab ScorBot_er4u_2.dae

The problem may be that it's missing 'link' and 'joint' tags. I get this error when trying to open it with OpenRAVE:
$ openrave ScorBot_er4u_2.dae</code>
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  basic_string::_M_construct null not valid
Aborted (core dumped)

Take a look to the collada tags for robots: http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/collada_robot_extensions/#collada-robot-extensions

Here you can find a dae robot which we have been using in OpenRAVE: https://github.com/quangounet/osr_course_pkgs/blob/master/osr_openrave/robots/denso_vs060.dae

Re: unable to load .dae files "basic_string::_M_construct null not valid"

Moloy_Das
Hi fsuarez,

ok, yes that could be. I will try to add them at appropriate places and try it out.

Thanks

-Moloy