willowgarage pr2 model

dear all,

the pr2 robot model is up on openrave:

robots/pr2-beta-static.robot.xml - defines the basic kinematics and
sensor frames
robots/pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml - attaches simulated sensors

We've tested that ikfast, grasping, and basic manipulation works.  The
pr2 is an excellent dual manipulation platform, so even if you don't
have a real pr2, it might be worth doing experiments with it.

For those lucky few that actually got a pr2, you can use the
openrave_actionlib ros package to control the mid-body of the pr2
(leftarm+rightarm+torso). The load the correct mid-body controller,
please run

rosrun openrave_actionlib setup_controllers.py

Then add the openrave_actoinlib/lib to OPENRAVE_PLUGINS and open the
openrave_actionlib/robots/pr2-beta.robot.xml, which loads the
controller.

pr2.jpg (91K) Download Attachment

Re: willowgarage pr2 model

garratt
Hi Rosen,

I'm trying to run openrave on the PR2.

So I followed the instruction on:
http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installing_OpenRAVE_on_PR2

and ran rosrun openrave_actionlib setup_controllers.py
I see a lot of topics, like:
/midbody_controller/command
/midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/cancel
/midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/feedback
/midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/goal
/midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/result
/midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/status
/midbody_controller/state

and I tried to load robots/pr2-beta.robot.xml, but I got  a bunch of:
[colladareader.h:1585] Not Exists Motion axis info, joint
base_footprint_joint (with the appropriate joint name)
for most of the joints.
then, after loading:

[colladareader.h:1182] Robot (null) created ...
True
>>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  vector::_M_range_check
Aborted

Am I missing something?
Garratt

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 13:03 -0400, Rosen Diankov wrote:

> dear all,
>
> the pr2 robot model is up on openrave:
>
> robots/pr2-beta-static.robot.xml - defines the basic kinematics and
> sensor frames
> robots/pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml - attaches simulated sensors
>
> We've tested that ikfast, grasping, and basic manipulation works.  The
> pr2 is an excellent dual manipulation platform, so even if you don't
> have a real pr2, it might be worth doing experiments with it.
>
> For those lucky few that actually got a pr2, you can use the
> openrave_actionlib ros package to control the mid-body of the pr2
> (leftarm+rightarm+torso). The load the correct mid-body controller,
> please run
>
> rosrun openrave_actionlib setup_controllers.py
>
> Then add the openrave_actoinlib/lib to OPENRAVE_PLUGINS and open the
> openrave_actionlib/robots/pr2-beta.robot.xml, which loads the
> controller.

Re: willowgarage pr2 model

Hi Garratt,

The warnings are fine, it is the M_range_check that is puzzling. Can
you run it in gdb and see where it came from?

rosen,

2010/8/17 garratt <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Rosen,
>
> I'm trying to run openrave on the PR2.
>
> So I followed the instruction on:
> http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installing_OpenRAVE_on_PR2
>
> and ran rosrun openrave_actionlib setup_controllers.py
> I see a lot of topics, like:
> /midbody_controller/command
> /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/cancel
> /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/feedback
> /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/goal
> /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/result
> /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/status
> /midbody_controller/state
>
> and I tried to load robots/pr2-beta.robot.xml, but I got  a bunch of:
> [colladareader.h:1585] Not Exists Motion axis info, joint
> base_footprint_joint (with the appropriate joint name)
> for most of the joints.
> then, after loading:
>
> [colladareader.h:1182] Robot (null) created ...
> True
>  what():  vector::_M_range_check
> Aborted
>
> Am I missing something?
> Garratt
>

> On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 13:03 -0400, Rosen Diankov wrote:
>> dear all,
>>
>> the pr2 robot model is up on openrave:
>>
>> robots/pr2-beta-static.robot.xml - defines the basic kinematics and
>> sensor frames
>> robots/pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml - attaches simulated sensors
>>
>> We've tested that ikfast, grasping, and basic manipulation works.  The
>> pr2 is an excellent dual manipulation platform, so even if you don't
>> have a real pr2, it might be worth doing experiments with it.
>>
>> For those lucky few that actually got a pr2, you can use the
>> openrave_actionlib ros package to control the mid-body of the pr2
>> (leftarm+rightarm+torso). The load the correct mid-body controller,
>> please run
>>
>> rosrun openrave_actionlib setup_controllers.py
>>
>> Then add the openrave_actoinlib/lib to OPENRAVE_PLUGINS and open the
>> openrave_actionlib/robots/pr2-beta.robot.xml, which loads the
>> controller.

Re: willowgarage pr2 model

garratt
attached is a patch for openrave_actionlib:
changes src/actionlib_controller.h so that it will resize the vectors
appropriately.

also, the diff of my robots/pr2-beta-static.dae with the one that is
generated.  (where/how is this file generated, by the way?)
to make it look right, I:
-flipped the axis on the finger and finger_tip joints
-rotated the upper_arm_link joint attachments by 180
-rotated the visual axis:
        forearm_link (joints 24 and 52)
        elbow_flex_link (joints 21 and 49)
        upper_arm_link (joints 37 and 65)

I can take a crack at editing the urdf/collada file to make these
changes at the source, if you let me know where those files are...

the changes I made made the pr2 look correct when I moved it, but I
can't guarantee that the cameras,accelerometers etc are rotated
correctly.

cheers
Garratt

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 16:30 -0400, Rosen Diankov wrote:

> Hi Garratt,
>
> The warnings are fine, it is the M_range_check that is puzzling. Can
> you run it in gdb and see where it came from?
>
> rosen,
>
> 2010/8/17 garratt <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi Rosen,
> >
> > I'm trying to run openrave on the PR2.
> >
> > So I followed the instruction on:
> > http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installing_OpenRAVE_on_PR2
> >
> > and ran rosrun openrave_actionlib setup_controllers.py
> > I see a lot of topics, like:
> > /midbody_controller/command
> > /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/cancel
> > /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/feedback
> > /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/goal
> > /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/result
> > /midbody_controller/joint_trajectory_action/status
> > /midbody_controller/state
> >
> > and I tried to load robots/pr2-beta.robot.xml, but I got  a bunch of:
> > [colladareader.h:1585] Not Exists Motion axis info, joint
> > base_footprint_joint (with the appropriate joint name)
> > for most of the joints.
> > then, after loading:
> >
> > [colladareader.h:1182] Robot (null) created ...
> > True
> >  what():  vector::_M_range_check
> > Aborted
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> > Garratt
> >

> > On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 13:03 -0400, Rosen Diankov wrote:
> >> dear all,
> >>
> >> the pr2 robot model is up on openrave:
> >>
> >> robots/pr2-beta-static.robot.xml - defines the basic kinematics and
> >> sensor frames
> >> robots/pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml - attaches simulated sensors
> >>
> >> We've tested that ikfast, grasping, and basic manipulation works.  The
> >> pr2 is an excellent dual manipulation platform, so even if you don't
> >> have a real pr2, it might be worth doing experiments with it.
> >>
> >> For those lucky few that actually got a pr2, you can use the
> >> openrave_actionlib ros package to control the mid-body of the pr2
> >> (leftarm+rightarm+torso). The load the correct mid-body controller,
> >> please run
> >>
> >> rosrun openrave_actionlib setup_controllers.py
> >>
> >> Then add the openrave_actoinlib/lib to OPENRAVE_PLUGINS and open the
> >> openrave_actionlib/robots/pr2-beta.robot.xml, which loads the
> >> controller.
> >>
> >> rosen,

fix_vector_resize.diff (722 bytes) Download Attachment
pr2.diff (1K) Download Attachment